Marketing Department, Inc. (MDI) is a busy full-service marketing agency. We are experts in B2B marketing with a focus on manufacturing and tech.
MDI is 12 years old and led by owners whom have over 25-30 years’ experience developing growth strategy, conducting market research and energizing brands. The work we do is diverse, flexible and fast-paced.
Our growing agency needs a business and people savvy person who is a flexible, multi-tasking jack-of-all-trades to manage the office and help manage projects.
- Our priority is to hire a person who first fits our culture and will be a hit with our clients. This person is approachable, polished and focused yet knows when to have some fun.
- Secondly, were looking for candidates that are naturally organized and natural leaders so they can lead majority of the agency’s projects with minimal hand-holding or drama.
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in busy office environment:
- You must have a track record of working independently and be resourceful to manage an office and operations with little supervision.
Organized and Detail Oriented:
- Know the status of client projects every day at various points of completion and complexity. You work daily with the agency owners to manage the who, what, where, when and how things are getting done.
- Your technology skills are deep and intuitive enough to quickly work across multiple office and social media platforms. You can set up a video conference, do a live stream Facebook post, convert a provide edits in a pdf and quickly create excel spreadsheets that sum and track budgets.
- You are an excellent communicator in person, on the phone and over email. You know when to ask for help and how to do it without being a burden. You know how to politely follow-up on projects and deadlines.
MINIMIAL TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with social media ad placement and/or google ad words.
- Basic understanding of WordPress to update website copy and photos or easily learns web based software.
- Help manage CEO calendar and travel schedule.
- Schedule meetings.
- Answer phones and respond quickly to client needs.
- Order supplies and materials for projects.
- Monthly invoicing.
- Purchasing and expense tracking.
- Support a few accounting functions.
- Use software to input electronic surveys.
- Run errands (drop off/pick-up)
- Work with in-house and contract team of designers, printers, developers, photographers and videographers to schedule and allocate project work.
- Weekly project management task report for staff.
- Obtain quotes from vendors (with guidance of senior staff)
- Proofreading and checking work to make sure it’s been done correctly.
- Owner of project management software for agency. Track projects daily.
- Weekly project update status with clients.
- Track client expenses, deadlines and budgets.
- Manage distribution of press releases, social media posts for agency and clients.
Office management 8
Project planning 4
Project tracking 8 (including contact with clients on project changes)
Client support tasks (work with staff, contractors, suppliers) 20
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
You will be successful in this position as gauged by 2 benchmarks in the first year:
- Customers are responded to same day with clear written and verbal communication
- Deadlines and budgets are being met
- Clients, suppliers and staff are saying positive things about you and enjoy working with you
- You have a firm grip on understanding our marketing projects and the steps needed to complete them
- Physical presentation is polished and professional.
- You are managing the project management software and keep it updated daily.
- 85% billable time (approximately 136 hours a month)
All of the above plus:
- Leveraging advanced features in the project management software to manage workflow and projects
- Able to project work schedules for 3-4 weeks
- Starts immediately
- $16-$19 depending on experience
- 3% match on SIMPLE IRA after 3 months
- Premium BCBS health, dental and vision benefits with 50% premium covered for a family.
- Unlimited time off & flexibility if work is getting completed
- Mileage and expense reimbursement
- Direct report to owners and eventually our new Account Manager who starts in May.
- Supervise work directly with 3-5 employees and an additional 5-6 regular contractors.
- The nature of work requires infrequent times when the work day is extended to meet a last-minute client requests and deadlines.
- You may need to put in time at night or on weekends to catch up – but we don’t want this happening more than a couple of times a month.
- New office space (eta June 2019) will need to remain clean and organized.
- Most of the work performed for clients is confidential. In addition, MDI is confided in by clients and others. All work must remain confidential. This is serious.
- Opportunities for advancement.
All inquiries and resumes should be emailed ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not use phone, texting or social media messaging to communicate.